This listing is for a Custom Headdress Deposit. Please get in touch to discuss your request and ensure your idea and deadline are possible before making a payment. This listing can be used to pay a deposit when ordering in-person at markets and events or after an email/phone consultation.
Every Dakota Rae Dust statement jewel headdress is built on a sturdy satin wrapped ‘alice band’ base using laser cut vinyl backed new and repurposed textiles printed with bold often fluorescent and/or glittery detail. Then adorned with sparkling jewels. Additional elastic ties for extra security and silky tassels are optional extras.
Every Dakota Rae Dust Statement Jewel Headdress is made with LOVE and more attention to detail than any sensible / financially minded person would be prepared to give but they are bringing me so much JOY!
If you’re looking for a completely unique and show stopping piece of statement jewellery in a colour palette of your choice for your special occasion / wedding / next festival outfit an personalised headdress could be the perfect solution.
As your headdress will be a complete one off, made to order just for you, should you wish to provide any meaningful or sentimental fabrics to be included this is also possible.
How to use the Custom headdress deposit listing
- Please get in touch via my contact form or email ( [email protected] ) to discuss your ideas, colour palette and any time restraints / deadlines BEFORE paying your deposit.
- Together we can decide on your dream headdress and make decisions about the size, additional features and colour of headdress you require. Plus allow me to get an understanding of how much input you would like in the design process.
- Once we have made a plan I will ask you to pay your deposit so I can begin sourcing materials / foraging for and secondhand fabrics.
- If you have opted to be more involved in the design of your headdress I will be in touch via email or whatsapp to show you my progress and offer up a couple of suggestions for you to choose from. (I charge a little extra for this as it increases my design and admin time)
- As soon as your headdress is ready I will send over a link to a custom listing on the website where you can pay the outstanding balance then your order will be on it’s way!
Cut from secondhand fabric
While the alice band base, vinyl backing, jewels and decorative prints are NEW, where ever possible I will use secondhand / vintage fabrics over buying new when creating your custom headdress. All my preloved fabrics are machine washed before being repurposed. To read more about where I source the secondhand textiles that I use in my colourful statement jewellery please visit this blog post.
The size of these ornate and luxurious headdresses varies depending on the size you decide on but to give you a very rough idea, when laid flat a small (3 jewel) version will measure roughly 16cm x 21cm and a large (7 jewel) version 21cm x 28cm.
Should you opt to add a set of silky tassels these will each measure just over 10cm in length.
These Statement Jewel Headdresses are part of the JEWELLED collection. A regularly updated range of colourful statement jewellery featuring recycled textiles and iridescent and colourful gems. The layered, vinyl printed fabric, laser cut components were inspired by costume jewellery. This range includes dainty (by my standards) stud earrings, tassel pendant necklaces, mini dangly earrings, Statement earrings, oversize bib necklaces and festival headdresses